Monday, August 18, 2014

Maggie Stiefvater says more profound things

This isn't really a blog post, it's more of a tweet. You should go read this post from Maggie Stiefvater's blog. It explains why her books are so good. (Hint: she doesn't just make stuff up. She gets stuff.)

I've been reading a fair bit of adult spec fic this summer, which is (one reason) why my reviews here are a little sparse. If you're interested to know what I thought of Patrick Rothfuss's Kingkiller Chronicles, here are links to my Goodreads reviews (hint: I liked them a lot!):

The Name of the Wind

The Wise Man's Fear

And because it looks bad to have such a short post, here's a photo my brother took that I want to write a story about one day:

He claims it's the Columbia River Gorge, somewhere east of Portland. I think it's a completely different world with the remnants of an ancient civilization (you have to sort of ignore the white picket fence).


No comments:

Post a Comment