Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Favourite Reads of 2015

Okay, everyone is doing this, I guess I can too; I've got one day left in 2015!

I'll keep it brief, with links to my reviews.

Favourite Adult Books:

Ancillary Justice, by Ann Leckie
The Goblin Emperor, by Katherine Addison
Uprooted, by Naomi Novik
The Shadow Throne, by Django Wexler

Everyone loved these, so I don't have to explain why I did too!

Favourite YA Books:

The Perilous Gard, by Elisabeth Pope. A book I should have discovered as a teen but missed somehow.
Black Dog and Pure Magic, by Rachel Neumeier. Original take on werewolves, great characters.
The Scorpion Rules, by Erin Bow. Lots of buzz about this one, all deserved.
Orleans, by Sherri L. Smith. Very original post-apocalyptic. Worth looking for.
The Rest of Us Just Live Here, by Patrick Ness. Awesome premise, and Jared. That's all I'm sayin'.
Everything, Everything, by Nicola Yoon. So sweet!

Favourite Middle-Grade Books:

The Jinx series, by Sage Blackwood. Fairy tales remixed into awesomeness.
The Lie Tree, by Francis Hardinge. Because it's by Francis Hardinge.
The 100 Cupboards series, by N.K. Wilson. A new favourite author. Narnia, updated.
Harriet the Invicible, by Ursula Vernon. She's a hamster princess, and she kicks butt.
The Penderwicks on Gardam Street, by Jeanne Birdsall. Wonderful, funny family dynamics.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read most of these. I have a copy of 100 Cupboards I hope to get to soon. Thanks for the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great choices! The Lie Tree is I think supposed to come out from an American publisher finally this year, and I'm looking forward to reading it. It seems like Francis Hardinge just gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, gosh, I haven't read any of these! Although I've had Ancillary Justice on my list all year. People I trust are staying great things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many books I love on these lists. N.D. Wilson! The Perilous Gard! Uprooted! The Penderwicks! Jinx! Black Dog!

    I still haven't read Ancillary Justice or The Goblin Emperor. I really really need to bump them up my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have overlaps in our lists: Uprooted and Pure Magic. :) Black Dog was in my list last year. I really need to start reading Ann Leckie's books, I've heard nothing but good things about them.

    ReplyDelete